July 11-16, 2010
Welcome to VUVX2010, the 37th International conference on Vacuum Ultraviolet and X-ray Physics. More than 430 participants will present 85 oral and 380 poster presentations on a wide range of topics! Registration is still available - join us on the beautiful campus of the University of British Columbia.
The full scientific program, including all abstracts, has been posted.
Important News for Conference Attendees
- WORLD CUP ACTION @ Mahony's pub (on campus, no reservations have been made for the conference)
- poster presentation instructions
- travel information (getting to UBC), a full and a conference-specific campus map
- Wednesday delegate excursions and the accompanying persons program - spaces still available!
- conference banquet at the Vancouver aquarium - tickets still available!
- information on the REIXS and Ultrafast satellite meetings and the short course on quantitative XANES analysis - registration still available!
Updates from the Conference
- upload your conference photos, and view uploaded conference photos
About the VUVX2010 Conference
This international conference will bring together scientists from countries all over the world working in the field of developing synchrotron, laser, or plasma based sources of electromagnetic radiation in the vacuum ultraviolet (VUV), soft X-ray and hard X-ray regions, and/or developing novel applications of these sources in a variety of fields. Topics to be presented range from basic physics to materials science and technology, from molecular reactions to the characterization of catalysts under working conditions, from biology to medical diagnostics, from metrology to the development of advanced optical instrumentation. In addition to the scientific program there will be a Vendors, Publishers, and Facilities Exhibition and offers on writing opportunities for college students.
The program for the REIXS satellite meeting is now available, please click here.
Detailed program released.
Announcement of the VUVX mid-career award (sponsored by CISR) and student award winners (Sponsored by SPECS and Bestec)
Download the conference poster! (high res, 5 MB) (low-res, 460 kB)
The VUVX Public Lecture will be given by Paul Corkum.
Announcement of Invited Speakers and Plenary SpeakersAnnouncement of Information on Proceedings for VUVX2010
Announcement of the provisional schedule for VUVX2010.
Please join our conference email list or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.